Collection of Your Information
Furniture-Outlet may collect personal information in connection with your use or purchase of F-O products and services, including at the Stores which may include information provided in connection with the following activities:
- Registering or filling in forms on the Sites or in the Stores. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about F-O products and services or sign up to receive F-O e-mail newsletters or coupons.
- Purchasing any product or service from F-O, whether at a store or through the Sites.
- Providing design or product feedback or making other submissions to F-O.
- Requesting information or assistance from F-O. Furniture-Outlet may also keep a copy of any communications or correspondence you may send to it, including any e-mail communications.
- Participating or responding to consumer survey or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding F-O products and services found on the Sites and/or via official email newsletters and advertisements.
- Participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Using other features of the Sites that may be offered from time to time, and may require such information in order to utilize the feature.
The personal information that Furniture-Outlet may collect may include your name, username, password, email address, age, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), personal preferences, and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile, your submissions of your goals to F-O, or in other communications to F-O. You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including any personal information of another individual, that is provided by you to F-O.
Like many websites, Furniture-Outlet utilizes “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Sites. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided Furniture-Outlet with personal information. Cookies help Furniture-Outlet to improve the Sites and to deliver more personalized service by enabling Furniture-Outlet to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Sites. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting F-O’s cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Sites.
Protection of Your Information
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and facilitate the appropriate use of information, Furniture-Outlet uses physical, technological and administrative procedures to protect the personal information that Furniture-Outlet collects that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information.
Use of Your Personal Information
Upon F-O’s collection of your personal information, Furniture-Outlet may use such personal information internally, separately or in combination with pre-existing information, for the following purposes:
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide information, products or services;
- To establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions and to conduct or administer other transactions that you may engage in with Furniture-Outlet including new store locations, on or through the Sites.
- To conduct or administer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions in which you have participated;
- To contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Sites;
- To customize your experience or homepage on the Sites;
- To develop and manage F-O’s business and operations;
- To detect and protect Furniture-Outlet and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with F-O’s policies and contractual obligations;
- To engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving F-O;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
Personal information collected by Furniture-Outlet may be stored and processed in the United States or Canada. While in another jurisdiction for processing, the information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Information
Furniture-Outlet may disclose your personal information to its subsidiaries or affiliates and to third parties whom Furniture-Outlet hires to provide services on F-O’s behalf, including, but not limited to, support services, website services, delivering promotional materials, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, and answering customer questions about F-O’s products and services. Furniture-Outlet will only provide those third parties with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to Furniture-Outlet and/or on F-O’s behalf. In the event that Furniture-Outlet is involved in a business transaction, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving F-O, your personal information and any other information Furniture-Outlet may have collected through may be transferred to another party in connection with such transaction. Furniture-Outlet may also disclose your personal information to legal, financial, insurance, or other advisors in connection with such business transaction or management of all or part of F-O’s business or operations; as consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected; or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Retention of Your Personal information
The personal information that you provide will be retained by Furniture-Outlet in accordance with applicable laws.
Furniture-Outlet recognizes the privacy interests of children and Furniture-Outlet encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 13. Furniture-Outlet does not target its services or the Sites to children under 13. Furniture-Outlet does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Choice and Opt-Out Preferences
Furniture-Outlet does not collect your personal information unless you choose to provide it. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from Furniture-Outlet (except in connection with information, products or services that you specificaly request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every broadcast e-mail that is sent to you by F-O. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from F-O, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, Furniture-Outlet will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. Requests for access should be sent in writing to the Privacy Officer at the address provided below.
Questions or Comments